Mushdodo is a special simple side dish combo of Akomz Fresh Mushrooms & Dodo that is often served with rice (in any form.) Dodo is just another name for ripe plantain in 9ja.
- 3 Ripe plantain – Giant Size & Diced
- 400g / 6 Large pcs Akomz Fresh Mushrooms
- 6 big tomatoes – diced
- 1 Big Red Pepper – Diced
- 1 Medium Size onion – Sliced
- 1 Big Green Pepper – Diced
- Seasoning – 2 cubes
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil – Enough (You will need it to fry the plantain)
- Peel Plantain and dice into small bits
- Fry the plantain till golden brown (you can make it darker but not burnt)
- Scoop and keep aside.
- Wash the Akomz Fresh Mushrooms, dice.
- Reduce the quantity of oil for frying the plantain and fry the Akomz Fresh Mushrooms for only 3 minutes (taste for tenderness)
- Make sauce with the tomatoes, onions, green and red peppers, Add the seasonings and salt to taste
- Once the sauce is well done add the fried plantain and Akomz Fresh Mushrooms. Stir well and cover, and let it simmer for like 3 minutes with low heat. Stir again.
- Serve with rice or eat as a main meal.
- Lovely Nutritious MushDodo !!!!! Yummy
Mushroom Noodle Soup
- 100g Akomz Fresh Button Mushrooms – Cleaned and sliced
- 2 sachet Noodles
- Garlic, Minced
- ½ Medium sized red onion, diced
- 1 tsp. Curry powder
- 1 tsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Water
- Noodle Seasoning (Optional)
- Put the Oil & noodles in water and cook for 3 mins
- Add the Akomz Fresh Button Mushrooms, minced garlic and curry
- Add the noodle Seasoning (optional) and diced onion. Leave to simmer for another 3- 5mins. Check to suit your taste
- Dish out and Serve Hot
Pasta Sauce with Tomatoes
- 4 servings of pasta – 300g (Any brand of your choice)
- Fresh tomatoes (250g)
- 400g Akomz Fresh Button Mushrooms
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 heaped teaspoons of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon of chilli pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt (to taste)
- Optional – 1/2 a lemon
- Chop the tomatoes into quarters and the mushrooms into slices
- Put the pasta to cook
- Peel the garlic and crush it into a pan with a glug of olive oil, salt and pepper. Allow to cook for a few minutes till it’s bubbling.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, chili pepper and paprika. Let this cook for about five minutes, until it’s all soft
- Once the pasta has cooked and drained, stir the sauce into the pasta
- Squeeze the lemon on top, if you’re using it, and add a little salt and lots of black pepper to finish